Monday, December 14, 2009

Antonio Valencia: No Comparisons With Ex-Manchester United Star Cristiano Ronaldo


Antonio Valencia of Manchester UnitedFormer Wigan Athletic and current Manchester United player, Antonio Valencia, has once again hit out against comparisons made between him and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Ecuadorian is admired for his quick-feet style of play in the flanks for Manchester United and he is often compared to former Red Devil star Cristiano Ronaldo.

Antonio Valencia is still looking forward to reach his peak – something which keeps the fans wondering about his prospect of being the “new Cristiano Ronaldo” at Old Trafford.

However, this kind of quotation is not what Antonio Valencia likes to hear in his ears. He has therefore spoken to the media about himself as a unique player.

He stated:

“I’m my own man. I think that Cristiano Ronaldo was a very good player, but I always play according to what I think, what I want to do at that particular moment, and what I know.

“I never imitate anyone.

Antonio Valencia continued:

“He [Sir Alex Ferguson] said, ‘You don’t have to follow Cristiano, but you have to work’ and I am doing that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment